Christian Indie Awards is designed to bring recognition to outstanding Christian books produced by small publishers and independent authors. The awards are sponsored by Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA).
- Only perfect bound paperback or hardcover books are eligible. Audio books and spiral bound books are not eligible.
- Books must be published with a 2016 or 2017 copyright and released for sale in 2016 or 2017. New editions of previously published books are eligible. Reissued editions are not.
- Books submitted in previous years for the award may not be submitted again, unless they are a new edition with a new ISBN number.
- Books must be printed in English and available for sale in the United States.
- Books must be Christian in nature, promote the Christian faith, and intended for the Christian marketplace. The Christian marketplace is defined as the marketplace that is served by CBA member retail stores (mainly individuals who maintain Catholic or Protestant beliefs and doctrines).
Nomination of Books
- The nomination of a title must be made by the publisher or author of the book.
- Eligible publishers must be small presses or independent authors with revenues of $450,000 or less per year.
- Membership in Christian Small Publishers Association is not a requirement.
- Publishers may submit more than one title.
- Each title may only be nominated in one category.
- To highlight the presence of small publishers and independent authors in the Christian marketplace, CSPA will enlist Christian book readers and retailers to vote on the nominated titles in February and March 2018.
- The winners of the award will be the books that receive the most votes in each category.
- Publishers and authors nominating titles are encouraged to help enlist Christian book readers and retailers to vote for the Christian Indie Awards.
- Awards will be offered in fourteen categories: Bible Study / Theology, Biography / Memoir, Children’s Book (4-8 years), Children’s Book (8-12 years), Christian Education, Christian Living, Devotional, eBook, General Fiction, Gift Book, Historical Fiction, Relationships/Family, Romance, and Young Adult (12+ years). Click here to read more about the categories.
- Winners in each category will receive a Christian Indie Awards emblem for use on book covers, websites and other promotional materials and be able to order high-quality award stickers to affix to the front of book covers.
- Winning titles will be announced to the press and the book trade industry.
- The winning titles will be featured on this website.
- The winners in each category will be notified by May 1, 2018 via email.
- $45.00 (in US funds) per title nominated. Fees can be paid online using your credit card or paid by check or money order made payable to Christian Small Publishers Association.
- Nomination form, fee, and one copy of the nominated book can be mailed throughout the year but must be postmarked no later than November 15, 2017 to be eligible.
- Submit one copy of the printed book (no galleys or manuscripts), or retail file for ebooks, along with the nomination form and entry fee to:
P.O. Box 481022
Charlotte, NC 28269
- All submitted books become the property of Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA).
- CSPA reserves the right to reject a nominated title that does not appear to be published for the Christian marketplace or does not reflect the commonly held beliefs of the Christian marketplace. If a title is rejected, the entry fee will be returned to the nominating publisher or author.
For More Information
Sarah Bolme, Director
Christian Small Publishers Association
cspa [at] christianpublishers.net